The Lighthouse Jesus Ministry of Botswana is a Pentecostal church which believes in fivefold ministry and spiritual gifts.
"The spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me…He has anointed me to preach good news to the poor, and He has sent me to heal the broken hearted, to proclaim freedom to the prisoners and recovery of sight to the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor" Isaiah 61vs1-3 and Luke 4vs18-19.
Statement of faith
1. We believe that the Bible is the word of God, is given by God and inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the highest and final authority of God in the Church
2. We believe in the eternal existence of a triune God- God the Father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God the father. He is birthed by the Holy Spirit, born out of Virgin Mary and He is God.
4. We believe that man is conceived and born in sin and can only receive eternal life when he is born again
5. We believe that Jesus Christ is the only mediator who died for us. He is the substitute offering according to the scriptures for our sins. Everyone who believes this as true receives this gift of eternal life by faith; and is Justified to righteousness
6. We believe that Jesus Christ died and rose from the grave, bodily ascended to heaven and is sitting on the right side of God the father. From there, He shall judge over the living and the dead.
7. We believe in the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ
8. We believe that believers receive the Holy Spirit when being born again and then enabled to be equipped for service. The believers are further equipped through the baptism of the Holy Spirit, receiving gifts to serve the body of Christ.
9. We believe in the resurrection of the dead of both the righteous and unrighteous. We believe that the unrighteous are destined for eternal death because they have rejected salvation presented by Jesus Christ and the righteous are destined for eternal life.
10. We believe that there is only one church, which includes everyone that receive the gift of eternal life
11. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has instituted two sacraments. The Holy Spirit baptism and the Holy Communion, points to Jesus Christ who died on the cross to save us from eternal death.
12. We believe in fivefold ministry and the gifts of the Holy Spirit
13. The Church is open to any further truth, which the Holy Spirit may illuminate from scriptures.